edgeCore™ 4.6.1 Release Notes
Production date: December 08, 2023
Accessing Pipeline Data via API without Having Pipeline Access
A new pipeline permission has been introduced so that users can fetch data via API if they do not have access to the pipeline.
– the datasets need to have the Publish Dataset via REST API option set;
– the users need to know the data producer ID;
A demo is available here.
Managing Content Assigned to Roles
A new provisioning permission has been introduced so that a particular role/user can assign (or unassign) content to other roles. Note that non-admin users cannot assign or unassign content from the Full Admin or My Domain Admin roles (if they try to do so, an error will appear).
In addition, make sure that the Content permission is also assigned to this role. A demo is available here.
Modifying Role Assignments
A new provisioning permission has been introduced so that a particular role/user can add (or remove) users to a role. In order to be able to add users, this role also needs to have either Modify Domains and Users or Modify Users permission. Note that non-admin users cannot add or remove users from the Full Admin or My Domain Admin roles (if they try to do so, an error will appear). A demo is available here.
Modifying Security Parameters
A new provisioning permission has been introduced so that a particular role/user can modify secured variables and credentials for specific users or domains. Note that this role also needs to have either Modify Domains and Users or Modify Users permission. A demo is available here.
Recent Pipelines & Current Page Accessible from Admin Menu
To make it easier for you to navigate to pipelines you have recently worked on or the pipeline for the page you are currently working on, now you can easily access them from the admin menu.
NOTE: You only see Page Pipeline when viewing or editing a page.
Table Cell Renderers: Show Decimals Improvements
In the past, trimming zeros was the default behavior. Now, the Show Trailing Zeros option has been added (appears when Show Decimal Places is enabled) so that zeros can be shown.
Additionally, the following options have been added:
- Approximate with Units: used to approximate to thousands, millions, billions, or trillions. A unit will be appended (see example below)
- Use Space Between Unit (appears when Approximate with Units is enabled): used to place a space between the approximate unit
Tooltip Placement Added
When configuring or editing a hover action, now you can set the position of the tooltip. Auto is the default value, which means the vertical position of the tooltip will depend on the position of the cursor on the screen – if the cursor is in the upper half, the tooltip will be displayed below the cursor, and if it is in the lower half, it will be displayed above.
Icon Layer Improvements
- The option to go to full screen mode has been added;
- Now you are able to position layers with the mouse. A demo is available here.
Note that you cannot move a layer until you expand the layer that you want to edit.
Resizing Manage Actions Dialog
Now can change the size of the Manage Actions dialog to use more screen space by dragging the bottom-right corner of the dialog. A demo is available here.
ECP Extension Upgraded
The Edge Client Proxy extension has been upgraded to version 2.0.32.
The following libraries have been upgraded:
- Apache Commons Compress (version 1.24.0)
- SpringBoot (version 2.7.14)
- Spring Security (version 5.8.7)
- Tomcat (version 9.0.83)
- The issue where a chart series could not be hidden from the legend has been resolved.
- The issue where visualizations lower on the screen could not be swapped into visualizations above them has been resolved.
- The issue where a visualization client filter was missing an X to clear out the text has been resolved.
- The issue that caused the client filter search control to wrap has been resolved.
- The issue where session timeout did not honor the inherited value has been resolved.
- The issue where only the last changed label name was retained when editing visualization labels for multiple stacked visualizations simultaneously has been resolved.
- The issue where files loaded from extension modules had the edgeCore server version used as a cache-busting parameter has been resolved.
- The issue where newly created icon layers had ‘question_circle’ as a label has been resolved.
- The issue where enabling GC logging in environment.sh prevented the server from starting has been resolved.
- The issue where limited licensed sessions got out of sync with active sessions has been resolved.
- URLs for Toner and Watercolor maps have been updated.