edgeCore™ 4.4.1 Release Notes
Production date: April 01, 2022
This release uses Java 11, so you need to upgrade to this version of Java in order to be able to run edgeCore™ 4.4.1.
- .getBytes() is not a function ;
- There is no longer a getter specially added for strings, so .length() for strings must be .length ;
Advanced Mode Added
rows: array of objects that is the dataset;
columnData(columnId): an array of values that represent the values in that column of data;
moment: moment.js object for date/time conversions;
When configuring a chart visualization, you are now able to show the chart in 3D to get an interesting visual effect. In addition, you can rotate the 3D chart to inspect points from different angles by dragging the chart with the mouse.
NOTE: Line and spline chart types cannot be shown in 3D.
Restoring and Exporting Configuration of Pipeline Nodes
Now you can export and restore configuration of any pipeline node as a JSON file.
Showing Used Node Variables in the Pipeline
- You can expand node variables by clicking the arrow next to the number of variables;
- Node variables can be expanded by enabling the Show Node Variables toggle in Pipeline Settings (accessed by clicking the gear icon in the pipeline);
Command Line Interface
Creating Directories via CLI
To create a directory on the server via CLI, now you can run the following:
./es-cli.sh files –mkdirs -p /data/DirectoryName –user admin –pass admin
For example, we have created a directory whose name is test_directory:
Server Logs and System Info Added
System Info and Server Logs are now also available in the Command Center.
Chart Visualization Improvements
- You can now choose between three series types: mixed, dynamic, and single;
- When mixed series is selected, the first attribute requires chart type override;
- When single is selected, the override field is disabled;
- If pie is the default type, you can choose between single and dynamic series;
- If bubble is selected in override, you will need to define a radius in the bubble renderer;
Gauge Visualization Improvements
- The option to disable animation has been added.
- Now you can have a dual-color gauge and also define a threshold value.
Page Filtered Views Added to Recent
When you filter the pipeline by pages, those pages will be listed in the Recent dropdown.
Properties Unified in Server Config
To improve the experience for the admin, Server Config UI (system menu > System > Admin Tools > System Config) has been updated to have only GLOBAL scoped items.
Displaying Stacked Visualizations as Tabs
By default, stacked visualizations are displayed in a drop-down menu. Now you can view them as tabs, too. To do so, you will need to enable the Display Stacked Widgets as Tabs toggle switch in Options.
Additional Pipeline Settings
The following options have been added to pipeline settings:
- In Link Style, Straight has been added as the default style for node links (as seen in the screenshots below);
- Spread Links
– when enabled, the starting point for each node link/line is different (each node has its own starting point);
– when disabled, links/lines start from the same place;
- Show Node Variables
– when enabled, used node variables are expanded in the pipeline (as seen in the screenshots above);
Opening Unread Messages with a Single Click
If there are unread messages, upon hovering over the number and clicking on it, you can access the Message Center.
Size Column Added to Backup & Restore
The Size column has been added to the Backup & Restore page. As a result, both Backups and Recovery tabs can be sorted by size. Moreover, when the Recovery directory becomes larger than 5GB, a message will be displayed to notify the admin.
Set All Values as Default Option Added to Page Variables
When you change the values of page variables, you can set all those values as default with a single click – you just need to click the gear icon next to the pencil icon.
- Now you can disable any step in the script, which is useful for testing different versions of the steps.
- You are able to use a server action response within the RPA script as a scriptVar.
H2 Database Version Upgrade
The H2 database has been upgraded to version 2.1.210.
Angular Version Upgrade
Angular has been upgraded to version 13.
The following libraries have been upgraded:
- Postgresql (version 42.3.3)
- Mariadb-java-client (version 2.7.5)
- MsSql-JDBC (version 10.2.0.jre11)
- Spring Framework (version 5.3.18)
- Spring Security Core (version 5.5.5)
- Spring Boot (version 2.5.12)
- Spring Session (Core / Jdbc) (version 2.5.5)
- Log4j2 (version 2.17.2)
- HikariCP (version 5.0.1)
- Apache Tomcat® (version 9.0.60)
- Apache mina-core (version 2.1.6)
- An RCE vulnerability in the Spring Framework has been resolved.
- The issue where the Attributes DB Options tab was missing from the ForEach transform wizard has been resolved.
- The issue that caused mouseover tooltips not to work on the first entry of a chart visualization has been resolved.
- The issue where the Test Server Action button was missing from the Shell and Web Data actions has been resolved. When configuring server actions, this button is now in the bottom-left corner.
- The issue that caused zoom and hover not to work in the Job Status topology view has been resolved.
- When creating an action and setting permissions for it, if the Allow all users access to action option is disabled, the Roles dropdown is now a required field.
- The issue where changing the default view mode in the pipeline settings from Topology to Table was not properly applied has been resolved.
- The issue where editing an orphaned JSON node threw type errors in the console has been resolved.
- The issue with number formatting in gauge visualizations has been resolved. Numbers were not displayed properly when the gauge arc was a half circle.
- Name validation has been improved for feeds and transforms.
- The issue where the sysinfo command kept returning that the server was in maintenance even though it was not has been resolved. Now this command will return one of the following server statuses: UNLICENSED, ACTIVE, UNDER MAINTENANCE.
- The issue that caused the dynamic number constraints not to work on charts for min and max Y values has been resolved.
- The issue where resorting attributes in Filter and Time Series transforms was not applied properly has been resolved.
- The issue that prevented the admin from adding a new realtime custom constraint has been resolved.
- The issue that caused CyberArk credentials to be cached has been resolved.
- Cache Compatibility (MySql / H2 / Oracle / Microsoft SQL Server)
edgeCore supports using H2 by default, but the system can be switched to use a MySQL Database, Oracle Database, or Microsoft SQL Server as the CacheDB. If an export is restored, any SQL Transforms should be reviewed, as H2 specific query syntax will need to be converted to MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server syntax. There is a script utility that reports some of these issues, and the script itself can be extended to report which Transforms reference syntax that requires updates.
- Custom Login Page Compatibility
Login pages built on versions prior to edgeCore v4.1 are not compatible. An upgrade script is included to help stash custom login pages into ‘static-web/login-pre4.1’ and the customizations will require manual migration to the new default template.
- HTML Template Visualizations
Based on the version you are upgrading from, the following issues could cause you to need a rewrite to your HTML Template Widgets:
– Due to the significant upgrade to Bootstrap 4, Glyphicons are no longer included. If you have custom HTML Templates that use them, in v3.11 they will all be empty.
– Due to the upgrade to Angular 9, HTML Templates that used AngularJS 1.x syntax will have to be rewritten.
- Common Table Expression ‘WITH’ Clauses
edgeCore uses the H2 database in support of the SQL Transforms. SQL that uses Common Table Expression (CTE) ‘WITH’ clauses have been identified as causing two issues.
– Lock Timeouts: Transforms fail to run as temporary tables fail to be cleaned up.
– Memory Leaks: The temporary table results are not being cleaned up properly in all instances, and it will trigger Out Of Memory on the JVM.
- Issues with using Auth/Cache DB with MySQL 5.7 (MariaDB 10.1.x – 10.3.x)
- Cluster configuration fails to render LDAP domains on content instances after restore on primary admin instance.
- Cluster configuration restore may require existing nodes to be removed and re-registered after a full restore.
- If you are having issues with icons loading in edge, enable headless Java by adding CUSTOM_JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true in environment.bat/.sh .