edgeCore 4.3.8 Release Notes
Production date: June 21, 2021
Last updated: June 23, 2021
New Look for the Login Page
The edgeCore login page has a new look. The page functions the same way as always, but with a more modern look and feel.
Moreover, you can access the Documentation website and the Support page for raising tickets directly from the Login page.
Accessing Logs in the UI
Server Log Viewer has been added to the system menu so that you can easily access and view the contents of all log files and speed up troubleshooting. In addition, the Log Viewer also enables you to download the log files.
Using Context Menus
You can access a context menu by right-clicking on an item or anywhere on a page. The menu will display commands that are commonly associated with the item that you have selected or the page.
The following screenshot shows a context menu for a connection.
Search Pipeline Nodes by Tags
To make it easier for you to locate what you are looking for, now you can search pipeline nodes by tags.
By default, tags include node variables and data attributes (if any) associated with the node.
Additionally, you can adjust the node’s tag settings and flag different properties for searching (for example, SQL query) by clicking Manage Tags in the bottom left of the node wizard.
Current Page Highlighted
To help you clearly identify the current page being displayed within edgeCore, the active page name is now bold and italic.
Referencing edgeCore Rules in HTML Template
This release brings the ability to reference edgeCore’s color, font, and icon rules in the HTML template.
The benefits include:
- no duplication of work
- reduced configuration errors
- increased maintainability
For additional explanation and assistance on the rule set usage in the HTML template, refer to the in-app help.
Generating Entitlement Usage Report
To help you better understand the usage, you can now generate and validate reports for a given time range by using the following command:
ur [-s] [-e] [--validate] [-d] [-f] [-i] -o
The reports can be generated on the Command Center or individual instances. The outputs can be validated on any instance.
The Command Center will generate the report on all servers reporting to it, while individual instances will only report on themselves.
When generating reports, you can:
- Generate a summary report [-s] for a given time range [-e] by running:
bin/es-cli.sh --url http://localhost:8080 --user admin --pass admin ur -s 2021-06-01 -e 2021-06-22 -o testreport2
- Generate a detailed report [-d] [-s] for a given time range [-e] by running:
bin/es-cli.sh --url http://localhost:8080 --user admin --pass admin ur -d -s 2021-06-01 -e 2021-06-22 -o testreport2
- Validate the report by running:
bin/es-cli.sh --url http://localhost:8080 --user admin --pass admin ur --validate -i testreport2
Usage report validation returned: SUCCESS
Additionally, you can also filter the usage [-f] by servers, integrations, users, or sessions. If [-f] is not provided, then servers, integrations, and sessions will be returned (as seen in the example above).
For example, if you want to filter just by servers and users, you would run the following:
bin/es-cli.sh --url http://localhost:8080 --user admin --pass admin ur -f servers,users -s 2021-06-01 -e 2021-06-22 -o testreport2
Extensions Page Improvements
The Activated Extensions tab is now used as a status tab for the extensions you have activated, whereas the Available Extensions tab is used to upload, edit, activate, and deactivate extensions.
Message Center Improvements
The following improvements have been made to the Message Center:
- Long messages are now wrapped to fit in a cell.
- Individual messages can now be copied to the clipboard. To copy a single message, right-click on it and select Copy To Clipboard.
- Individual messages can now be deleted. To delete a single message, right-click on it and select Delete Message.
Change to the Auto-Expanding Admin Menu
The admin menu is no longer automatically expanded when you hover over it. To expand the menu and view the labels, click Show Labels in the bottom-left corner.
Breadcrumbs Supported in the Edit Page Mode
Breadcrumbs are now supported in the Edit mode. Previously, they were only supported in the View mode.
RPA Improvement: ClickWithJquery Triggering Actions
ClickWithJquery can now trigger actions on Click Row and execute widget action(s) for the clicked row.
The following libraries have been updated:
- Springframework (5.2.15 version)
- Spring-Jcl (5.2.15 version)
- Spring-Security (5.2.10 version)
- jsonpath:json-path (2.6.0 version)
- json-smart (2.4.7 version)
- accessors-smart (2.4.7 version)
- org.ow2.asm:asm (9.1 version)
- The issue that prevented the user from creating a new Link Style and Link Weight rules has been resolved.
- The issue where editing a page variable name resulted in the page variable values being applied to the URL has been resolved.
- The Delete action on the Connections page is now consistent with the Delete action for the connection node in the Pipeline.
- The issue where creating a custom expression filter threw the Cannot read property ‘producerName’ of undefined error has been resolved.
- The issue where changing internal H2 databases to external authentication and configuration databases caused import issues and failures has been resolved.
- The issue where changing the name of a bookmarked page and then deleting that page resulted in its name being reverted back to the old one in the list of bookmarked pages has been resolved.
- The issue where using .toEpochTime() function in the SQL Transform resulted in a syntax error has been resolved.
- Cache Compatibility (MySql / H2 / Oracle / Microsoft SQL Server)
edgeCore supports using H2 by default, but the system can be switched to use a MySQL Database, Oracle Database, or Microsoft SQL Server as the CacheDB. If an export is restored, any SQL Transforms should be reviewed, as H2 specific query syntax will need to be converted to MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server syntax. There is a script utility that reports some of these issues, and the script itself can be extended to report which Transforms reference syntax that requires updates.
- Custom Login Page Compatibility
Login pages built on versions prior to edgeCore v4.1 are not compatible. An upgrade script is included to help stash custom login pages into ‘static-web/login-pre4.1’ and the customizations will require manual migration to the new default template.
- HTML Template Visualizations
Based on the version you are upgrading from, the following issues could cause you to need a rewrite to your HTML Template Widgets:
– Due to the significant upgrade to Bootstrap 4, Glyphicons are no longer included. If you have custom HTML Templates that use them, in v3.11 they will all be empty.
– Due to the upgrade to Angular 9, HTML Templates that used AngularJS 1.x syntax will have to be rewritten.
- Common Table Expression ‘WITH’ Clauses
edgeCore uses the H2 database in support of the SQL Transforms. SQL that uses Common Table Expression (CTE) ‘WITH’ clauses have been identified as causing two issues.
– Lock Timeouts: Transforms fail to run as temporary tables fail to be cleaned up.
– Memory Leaks: The temporary table results are not being cleaned up properly in all instances, and it will trigger Out Of Memory on the JVM.
- Errors connecting to 3rd party https webdata/webcontent sources
edgeCore fails to connect over HTTPS to backend data sources. In this case, one likely solution is to enable SNI. This is a global configuration, so on some systems it might have the opposite effect.
# — SNI Options; may need to be enabled (ENABLE_SNI=true) when connecting to third-party https webdata/webcontent sources.
- Issues with using Auth/Cache DB with MySQL 5.7 (MariaDB 10.1.x – 10.3.x)
- Cluster configuration fails to render LDAP domains on content instances after restore on primary admin instance.
- Cluster configuration restore may require existing nodes to be removed and re-registered after a full restore.
- If you are having issues with icons loading in edge, enable headless Java by adding CUSTOM_JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true in environment.bat/.sh .
- Server hard restart requires the license to be reloaded.