edgeCore™ 4.3.11 Release Notes
Production date: January 26, 2022
Web Data Connections
HAR File Capture Mode for edgeWeb Data
To help you troubleshoot SSO and debug feeds where you are getting errors or no response, you can now download HAR files for JSON, XML, XSLT, and CSV feeds that have been created off of the Web Data connection.
Ability to Invoke Server Actions
Now you can run a server action that has been previously configured in the pipeline in order to record script results.
Improvements to Pages
- In Manage Pages, the page selector is now in the top left corner and is expanded by default;
- When creating a page from the admin menu, you can choose to Save and Edit Page, and you will be taken to the created page;
- When creating a page from the admin menu or from the list of pages (content menu), upon saving it, the page will be highlighted in the content menu;
- When marking pages as favorites, a star icon is now the default icon, but you can change it to be either heart or bookmark in Admin Tools > System Config > Scope USER by setting client.favoritesIcon to heart / bookmark and refreshing the page. Moreover, the Favorites list no longer scrolls together with the menu bar.
Set as Default Option Added to Page Variables
When changing the value of the page variable in the sidebar, now you can set the new value to be the default value without accessing the editor.
Newly Created Connection Highlighted in the Pipeline
When you are in the pipeline and the View All filter is applied, upon adding a new connection, the newly created connection is highlighted, and you are taken to that part of the pipeline where the connection is located (as seen in the screenshot below with the server load metric connection).
Improvement to the Time Series Transform Wizard
When configuring a time series transform, if some attributes are not shown, the following text will appear next to the – button: ‘x of x attributes are displayed’.
Build ID Added
To make it easier to identify that the build was updated, the Build ID has been added to the About and System Info dialogs.
Additionally, the Build ID is also returned when using the edge CLI:
edgeSuite CLI BuildId: 20220118T175538+0000
Icons in the Visualization Picker
By default, visualizations are represented by icons.
If you want visualizations to be represented by images, you should set client.showVisChooserIcons to false in Admin tools > System Config > Scope USER.
Improvements to Extension Dependencies
An icon is displayed to indicate whether a connection that is dependent on the selected extension is enabled or disabled. Additionally, when you right-click anywhere in the Dependencies dialog, the option to go to the Connections page will be displayed.
Yeoman Generator Version Update
The Yeoman generator used for generating custom visualizations has been upgraded to version 1.0.39.
SNI Enabled by Default
By default, SNI is now enabled when connecting to third-party HTTPS web data/web content sources.
- The issue where the Codemirror Lint marker column in the HTML template was being added every time the user switched from the preview to the editor has been resolved.
- The issue that caused the Expand Provisioned button not to work properly when provisioning content to roles and domains has been resolved.
- The issue where LicenseGuard prevented access to Logs, Cluster, and Manage Sessions has been resolved.
- The issue where restoring the pipeline from unfinished edit corrupted the node selection in the pipeline editor has been resolved.
- The Lint warning icon is properly displayed in front of the affected row in the HTML template.
- The issue that caused dataset downloads to fail for all visualizations (except table) has been resolved.
- The issue where an additional column was displayed in Attributes DB Options and a duplicate key exception was thrown when trying to save a downstream transform has been resolved.
- The issue that caused the HTML template and custom widget to break when the page variable got updated has been resolved.
- When creating a feed and entering a name already in use, the red error message was not shown until you clicked in the field with the error. The error is now displayed when you click Next to go to the next step.
- The issue where max-width was being set to a fixed 150 pixels when creating a gauge has been resolved. This resulted in the number in the middle being left-justified.
- The issue that caused configured tooltip action not to be displayed on dynamic pie charts has been resolved.
- Mouse-hovering on a series in a chart no longer causes all other series to be hidden/grayed out.
- The issue that caused the system to fail to render after login when session timeout was configured to -1 has been resolved.
- The issue where the license was lost on hard server restart has been resolved.
- The issue where an error in one of the forEach records caused the forEach transform to fail has been resolved.
- Cache Compatibility (MySql / H2 / Oracle / Microsoft SQL Server)
edgeCore supports using H2 by default, but the system can be switched to use a MySQL Database, Oracle Database, or Microsoft SQL Server as the CacheDB. If an export is restored, any SQL Transforms should be reviewed, as H2 specific query syntax will need to be converted to MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server syntax. There is a script utility that reports some of these issues, and the script itself can be extended to report which Transforms reference syntax that requires updates.
- Custom Login Page Compatibility
Login pages built on versions prior to edgeCore v4.1 are not compatible. An upgrade script is included to help stash custom login pages into ‘static-web/login-pre4.1’ and the customizations will require manual migration to the new default template.
- HTML Template Visualizations
Based on the version you are upgrading from, the following issues could cause you to need a rewrite to your HTML Template Widgets:
– Due to the significant upgrade to Bootstrap 4, Glyphicons are no longer included. If you have custom HTML Templates that use them, in v3.11 they will all be empty.
– Due to the upgrade to Angular 9, HTML Templates that used AngularJS 1.x syntax will have to be rewritten.
- Common Table Expression ‘WITH’ Clauses
edgeCore uses the H2 database in support of the SQL Transforms. SQL that uses Common Table Expression (CTE) ‘WITH’ clauses have been identified as causing two issues.
– Lock Timeouts: Transforms fail to run as temporary tables fail to be cleaned up.
– Memory Leaks: The temporary table results are not being cleaned up properly in all instances, and it will trigger Out Of Memory on the JVM.
- Issues with using Auth/Cache DB with MySQL 5.7 (MariaDB 10.1.x – 10.3.x)
- Cluster configuration fails to render LDAP domains on content instances after restore on primary admin instance.
- Cluster configuration restore may require existing nodes to be removed and re-registered after a full restore.
- If you are having issues with icons loading in edge, enable headless Java by adding CUSTOM_JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true in environment.bat/.sh .