edgeCore 3.8.4 Release Notes
ES-434: Resolved regression in Password Policy related to lockout on consecutive failures.
ES-435: Upgraded to the latest Jackson DataBind library to address CVE-2019-12086.
ES-436: Upgraded Spring Security Core library to address CVE-2019-3795.
ES-436: Upgraded Apache Tomcat container to 8.5.40 addressing CVE-2019-0232 and CVE-2019-0221. edgeCore did not have these enabled, but this cleans up two items that some security teams may flag for review.
ES-187: Enabled the use of end times (time ranges/spans) in the Timeline Visualization.
ES-269: Enhanced Topology Visualization to better support customer diagramming requirements. Updates include the following:
- Fixed issues with link definition discovery when using join nodes to the same producer. Link definitions did not show in the configuration for setting display options.
- Fixed data definition issues for self-referential topologies.
- When a node referenced the same name (like id and parentId columns), the link definition ID did not include the second node ID.
- Link definition ID was not properly set on the nodes returned to the client when the definition included self-referential nodes.
- Fixed issue where links with “No Color”/transparent or an alpha < 1 were showing as fully opaque.
ES-304: Enhanced the Table Visualization and List Visualization display to select the first item by default. Added a “Default Selection” option when configuring a Set Page Variable Action, which enables the following:
- Allow the administrator to turn off the auto-selection of row/items that match a Set Page Variable value.
- Allow a notification of Set Page Variable value not found in the visualization (if the selection is on).
ES-339: Enhanced the filter settings entered by an end-user to persist for the duration of the user session (such as in Sorting and Quick Filters).
ES-360: Enhanced the Preview step of Web Content Feed Wizard to allow creation and download of HAR files for diagnostics and troubleshooting.
ES-364: Added performance metrics that show performance information related to the memory and resource utilization at a node level within the pipeline (memory footprint of job results).
ES-380: Added a command-line interface, which will ultimately replace some of the functionality of the edge.bat/edge.sh script file. Supported commands will provide information such as health and version details of the system.
ES-251: Updated Server Actions to refresh a subset of jobs for a Feed (only feeds that match Secured Variables), to improve efficiency.
ES-283: Fixed an issue where search filter drop-up menus were not on top of the visualization and could be partially obscured by the container.
ES-298: Removed the top-level Search option and icon from the banner, except for displays in small device mode.
ES-419: Fixed a regression in v3.8.2 with Rules/Variables in a Table visualization. The Text/Background Derived rules were sorting, causing unexpected behavior during edits.
ES-421: Fixed an issue where the Custom Expression Filter editor always prompted regarding exit without saving.
ES-422: Fixed an issue where, when adding new Referenced Datasets in a SQL Transform, the Unique Alias was not being populated.
ES-423: Updated the Tooltip Action configuration wizard to make proper use of the available space for easier usability.
ES-424: Fixed an issue in the Rule Set editor where null or empty conditions only worked in some cases if they were first in the list.
ES-425: Fixed an issue where quick filter drop-down menus at the bottom of the page could be partially obscured. Updated filter to pop up when it is at the bottom of the page.
ES-427: Enhanced the Timeline Visualization to support having more than one Tooltip with conditions without displaying a menu.
edgeCore uses the H2 database in support of the SQL Transforms. SQL that uses Common Table Expression (CTE) ‘WITH’ clauses have been identified as causing two issues.
- Lock Timeouts: Transforms fail to run; as temporary tables fail to be cleaned up.
- Memory Leaks: The temporary table results are not being cleaned up properly in all instances; and it will trigger Out Of Memory on the JVM.
For questions or assistance with this release, please see the support page for contact information.