edgeCore 3.11.4 Release Notes
EC-177 – Upgraded Spring dependencies to address advisory CVE-2020-5404.
EC-177 – Post 3.11.2 security update required to Apache 9.0.31 dependency resolving CVE’s: CVE-2020-1938, CVE-2020-1935, CVE-2019-17569 (additional library migration, base Tomcat was updated however WAR file included an old 9.0.30 library).
EC-177 – Upgrade Apache Commons Configuration2 dependency to address CVE-2020-1953.
EC-177 – Upgrade Apache Log4j2 dependency performance improvements (v2.11.2 -> v2.13.1).
edgeCore Resolved Issues
EC-225 – Resolved memory leak where duplicate jobs would be scheduled increasing the overall load on the system and in some cases triggering job-exec concurrency errors.
EC-226 – Resolved Visualizations stuck in ‘Loading …’ state, where client subscriptions were resolved before the advertisement was broadcast.
EC-206 – Resolved es-cli[fetch] command failure to when the response contained null record values. The CSV output now properly applies ” when a null record value is found.
EC-282 – Resolved Credentials set as validation only failed to be resolved on testing connections. Regression introduced in v3.11.1 (ES-682).
edgeCore Known Issues
Bootstrap 4 Updates
Due to the significant upgrade to Bootstrap 4, systems with customizations in the following areas should be tested to determine if they will require updates:
- HTML Template Visualizations
- Example 1: Glyphicons are no longer included. If you have custom HTML Templates that used them, in v3.11 they will all be empty.
- Example 2: EC-204 – updating theme theme=”bootstrap” to theme=”bootstrap4-1″
- Login Pages
Common Table Expression ‘WITH’ Clauses
edgeCore uses the H2 database in support of the SQL Transforms. SQL that uses Common Table Expression (CTE) ‘WITH’ clauses have been identified as causing two issues.
- Lock Timeouts: Transforms fail to run as temporary tables fail to be cleaned up.
- Memory Leaks: The temporary table results are not being cleaned up properly in all instances, and it will trigger Out Of Memory on the JVM.
For questions or assistance with this release, please see the support page for contact information.