The states data feed that you created earlier contains all of the attributes that are needed to produce a map visualization. You can now build a map visualization directly off of that feed.
Perform the following steps to create the map visualization:
- Click .
The getting_started connection, the states feed, the region_summary transform, and the Top 5 States filter transform are displayed in the pipeline.
- Click the gear icon button in the states feed box.
- Select +, and then New Visualization.
A pop-up for choosing a visualization is displayed.
- In the pop-up, select Map: Icons.
A new page is displayed.
- In Visualization Name, enter State Summary.
- Click Next.
You are taken to the Markers tab.
- On the Markers tab, do the following:
a) From the Latitude Attribute drop-down, select Latitude.
b) From the Longitude Attribute drop-down, select Longitude.
c) From the Placement Type drop-down, select center.
d) Click on the Icon field.
A pop-up is displayed.
– In the pop-up, select shape as the category, and enter circle in the filter field.
A circle is displayed.
– Select the displayed circle and click Select Icon.
The circle is displayed in the Icon field.
e) From the Style drop-down, select Highlight, and enter 16 for Size.
f) In Color, click to derive a color.
A field for selecting a rule set is displayed.
– Click to create a rule set. A new page is displayed.
– In Name, enter StateSalesTarget.
– Click Next. You are taken to the Variables tab.
– In Name, enter StateTarget, and select Number for Type.
– Click Next. You are taken to the Rules tab.
– Click + twice to add two rules.
– For Rule 1, click + Condition, and leave StateTarget=0. Click to enter the formatter. In the formatter pop-up, set red for Color, and 0.9 for Alpha. Apply your changes.
– For Rule 2, click + Condition, and make sure StateTarget=1. In the formatter, set blue for Color, and 0.9 for Alpha. Apply your changes.
– Click Save and Close.
g) From the StateTarget drop-down, select OnTarget.
h) Click Next.
You are taken to the Legend tab. No changes are needed here, so click Next to proceed. Similarly, no changes are needed on the Optional Layers tab, so click Next to go to Preview. On the Preview tab, you can observe the map showing the markers for each state.
- Click Save and Close.
The State Summary map visualization is displayed in the pipeline.